A sysadmin with a huge passion for automation, Boston Bruins, Atlanta and the history of cinema.
Steve Gibson's Security Now is usually in my headphones while walking to work. I love Vim.
Fiddles with OpenStack (x64 & Power), Red Hat, IBM and AIX.
At the Operations & developments department I have been dealing with mostly CentOS and Fedora.
I have worked on several projects to better our IT ifrastructure in terms of:
- upgrading the network devices,
- replacing our hosted environment, and
- physical reorganization of the data center.
As the 2nd line at FS Data I primarly acted as a filter between the Development & Operations department and the support organization. The main responsibilities included:
- continuous improvement of the internal documentation to further the support departments self-reliance,
- Backup and monitoring,
- Verify troubleshooting, and lastly
- our KVM virtualization platform was owned by the department.
While getting my bachelor of informatics I worked in the support department of FS Data AB. One of the first Swedish hosting providers that remains active. Main tasks included:
- Customer service over phone, email and our CRM-system,
- Making sure to inform our customers of current issues.
While at the department I led a complete overhaul of the internal documentation tools.
While studying informatics I recieved a holistic view of IT and development with effiecieny as the goal.
The program teaches a demeanor to the technical and economical aspects of business that gives a unique perspective. From this my love of automation and monitoring have grown forth.
While living in Stockholm I studied philosophy and modernity through the lense of the arrival of the modern city and its impact on modern man.